11.30.2009

Thanksgiving!


Now that this holiday weekend has come to an end it's time to get back to business. On Wednesday afternoon/evening I began a bake-off. See, I can often be what they refer to as a "procrastinator". Fortunately I can make speedy recoveries from my faults and was able to bake a cherry pie, a double layer red velvet cake, two pumpkin cheesecakes, and a pumpkin roll. I even managed to get all of this done with the nagging and poking from the Dude--quite an accomplishment, eh? So on turkey day I woke up at 8AM, made pancakes and coffee and then plotted my next move. Today would be all about decorating and making things not just taste delicious, but look glorious. A few star tips, strawberries, and lots of sugar later...














The pumpkin cheesecake came out totally bangarang. If anyone would like any of these recipes you can email me at edibleart1@live.com, by the way.















A lovely lady paid me to make her family a pumpkin roll and after sampling the "ugly" ends I'm wishing that I had made one for my own family. It was super moist and the spices were spot on for a perfect thanksgiving treat.















My dad claims to have been begging for a cherry pie for weeks now so I decided to appease his appetite with something tart, but sweet. This recipe is the same as the blueberry pie, but obviously you add cherries instead!















Every few years my grandpa's birthday falls on thanksgiving day. I was really curious about how red velvet cakes are made and was very surprised to find out that they are basically chocolate cakes dyed red! It was a two layer cake with cream cheese frosting in the center and marshmallow fondant on the outside.















Overall, I would say this has been one of my better holidays in the past few years and I'm really looking forward to Christmas. I hope that everyone's turkey day was as wonderful as mine and happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Spectacular. Everything looks so yummy and I'm glad to hear that you're making some side money doing something that you love. Keep at it sista! Love ya.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete