12.21.2009

Burke's Beer Dinner





Burke's of Ireland, an Irish Pub, had their second beer dinner in the beginning of this month and it went quite well. The two breweries were Sierra Nevada and Abita. I personally love Abita brewery so I was very excited to match my dessert with their Christmas Ale. (It was sampled with two beers--the other being Sierra Nevada Celebration) We called my little creations "Santa's Workshop Spice Cakes". Each was a personal size double layer spice cake with cream cheese icing and marshmallow-peppermint fondant. Every cake was individually decorated minus the "naughty" cakes. Each server had to pick three people from their section to make sure that Santa's naughty list was followed to the 'T'. As usual I really enjoyed the beer dinner and I look forward to the next one in February 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment