12.21.2009

Winter Weddings


I was asked to do a wedding cake for someone. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. The picture that I was sent was a four tier square fondant cake with different sizes of metallic silver dragees on it. I couldn't find dragees anywhere. I looked online and only found one size and they were small.

So I decided to make the beads myself with fondant and silver dust. It wasn't exactly like the picture, but people tell me the cake looked good. Also, the desired icing was whipped topping which is impossible to smooth out. So needless to say this was a frustrating thing for me to make.

The cake was traditional white with white icing. I may be able to procure some pictures of the cake at it's final resting place. It looks much nicer in the photos with the pretty lighting and cake topper. We'll see if I can get a copy. Hope everyone's holidays are going well!

1 comment: